Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

Transfiguration: Lesson One

Go down 
+2
Eden Byrne
William Black
6 posters
AuthorMessage
William Black
Transfiguration Professor
William Black

Galleons : 23

Transfiguration: Lesson One Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:34 am

Will was slightly nervous, as he watched the kids stream into the sunlit room on the Seventh Floor that had been given to him as the Transfiguration Classroom, added to that was another problem, the classes were mixed. He couldn't even begin to think how he was supposed to teach First Years and Seventh Years together.

Sighing he looked up from the book he was reading, it was about Transfiguration, his mother had drilled in his head before leaving that he should read ahead for the lessons, and somehow, he knew she would know if he didn't prepare. He had spent the entire night trying to prepare a lesson and also trying to snoop around, so it was understandable that he was feeling sleepy. Closing the book, when he noticed almost everyone seems to have made it in, he flicked his wand to mak the chalk start writing on the black board behind him.

"Transfiguration: Lesson One, Introductions', it spelled out, as Will stood up and began.

"Today, as the black board suggests, we will be conducting introductions. Now before you start telling me exactly everything about yourself, I will have you know, that these introductions will be between you and Transfiguration. You will do the introducing, students of every year, except for the First. First Years will give their presentation, about what they learnt today, next class." Will paused, letting the news sink in.

Surveying the slightly shocked faces, he added, "Now the 'rules' of this assignment are:" He paused again, flicking his wand so that the duster cleaned up the board so the chalk could write the rules. He read each rule aloud as the chalk wrote it.

1. Talk about what you learnt in Transfiguration last year, a sort of recap.
2. No repeating of other people's matter.
3. Keep your presentation on a time limit.
4. Keep in your answers till the end of the class, when I would take them up.
5. I will chose who is to go first, in alphabetical order.
6. We will begin with the Second Years and then move
up.

Turning around to check for any spelling mistakes, feeling satisfied there were none, he turned back to the class and read out the first name, moving to the side when he finished to give the student space.

"Eden Bryne, Second Year."
Back to top Go down
Eden Byrne
Fourth Year
Eden Byrne

Galleons : 3062

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 am

A look of outrage found its way onto Eden's face as Professor Black said the first years would give their presentations tomorrow. The look faded as she remembered the first years hadn't learned anything yet, which was stupid of her, she thought.

Eden gulped as Professor Black called her name. She stood up and loudly said, "Right, so, hi. My name's Eden, as you've all heard. Last year the first years didn't do all that much. Transfigure a match into a needle, a mouse into a snuffbox. Not a whole lot." She shrugged before asking, "Can I sit down now, Professor Black?"
Back to top Go down
William Black
William Black

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:38 am

Will sighed, this was going to be more difficult than he had thought. "Well Eden, why don't you tell us exactly what Transfiguration is? Think that you are the teacher, not me." He suggested, running a hand through his hair.

It wasn't that Eden hadn't been correct, she was but what she had told the class was exactly what he had been told in that letter he had been owled by the previous teacher. What he was hoping for, was for a recap which would not only help him figure out where each student stood, but also help the First Years get a feel of Transfiguration, without boring the other students.
Back to top Go down
Eden Byrne
Fourth Year
Eden Byrne

Galleons : 3062

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:24 am

Eden bit her lip. "You sure about that, Professor? I think I could go on for a while about it." She sighed before saying, "Transfiguration is the type of magic with which you change objects to different objects, whether they're animate or inanimate. Was that teacher enough?" She wasn't being sarcastic, she actually just hoped she'd gotten it right.

"I hope my answer was what you were looking for," she said before sitting down on her own. "I... am allowed to sit down now...right?
Back to top Go down
William Black
William Black

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:43 am

Will rolled his eyes, if this was the way all the students were going to behave, he was going to murder them all with his words in less than ten minutes. Nodding slightly to answer both the questions, he walked up to the front of the class again and said the next name. He hoped that the next student was going to be slightly more easier.

"Tyler Drake."
Back to top Go down
Tyler Drake
Second Year
Tyler Drake

Galleons : 3043

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:04 am

Tyler stood up as soon as he heard his name being called, why start with the seconds years? He could hardly remember what had happened yesterday never mind what happened a whole year ago.

"Well... Erm, my name's Tyler, and last year we learn't how to transfigure stuff into other stuff. The basics of Transfiguration" he nodded.
Back to top Go down
William Black
William Black

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:17 am

Will felt like face palming, the students aren't trying at all! He had let the first kid slip up by because he knew it was difficult to be the first person to go up, but he wasn't letting any other student get out so easily.

"Tyler, explain to all of us what are the basics of Transfiguration, and I will be timing your answer to make sure it isn't under three minutes." He said, shaking his head slightly, thinking what exactly was he doing here.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Drake
Second Year
Tyler Drake

Galleons : 3043

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:52 am

Three minutes? Tyler couldn't possible talk for a whole three minutes about something he couldn't remember. He looked blankly at Professor Black as he tried to think up something that sounded even slightly right.

"The basics of transfiguration are... Oh wait I've got it! Reverso. That's something right? Once you've transfigured something you must know how to reverse what you've done." he said.
Back to top Go down
William Black
William Black

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:23 am

"No,Tyler, the Basics of Transfiguration are flexible wrists and correct spells." Will sighed. "You may sit down." He said, nodding to Tyler. Turning back to the class, he summed up whatever Eden and Tyler had told them, or rather, not told them about.

"As Eden said, Transfiguration is indeed the study of transforming object into another thing, whether they are animate or inanimate. This is done at a molecular level, and you have to stay focused towards what you want as your end product. Supple wrists and focus are extremely important in Transfiguration, as every spell requires you to use your wrists, generally in a flicking motion. Like this," He demonstrated, flicking his wand lightly to transfigure the paper weight on his desk into a mouse. Watching it escape, he flicked his wand again, turning it back into the paper weight it was before.

"If you lose your focus during the spell, you do not get the desired results. For example, if you try to change a hat into a shoe, and while you are casting the spell, you lose focus, and instead of the shoe you think of a shirt. Well, you are going to end up with a shirt." He explained, leaning on his desk slightly as he waited for the students to complete taking notes.

"We will start with the Third Years now, Luca Normady."
Back to top Go down
Luca Normandy
Fifth Year
Luca Normandy

Galleons : 4043

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Luca stood up when the teacher said his name. He had seemed to give Eden trouble, so Luca wasn't the happiest person in the world at the moment. But, he hoped that his answer was good enough to impress the almost bitter teacher.

"As you all heard, my name is Luca Normandy. Last year, the teacher taught the second years the basics of Switching Spells. The teachers showed us how he could only turn one part of the animals, which was a rat, into another part of an animal." Luca explained, glad he didn't stutter. "May I sit down now?" Luca wondered calmly, looking at the teacher evenly.

Back to top Go down
William Black
William Black

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 am

William nodded once and waved to the boy's seat. Even though he found the presentation impressive, certainly better than the first two, he offered no praise. He had always found it hard to offer praise, finding it easier to criticize, or remain silent.

"Nathan Thomas." He said, looking down at his list to check he had got the names right.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Thomas
Third Year
Nathan Thomas

Galleons : 4276

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Nathan sighed when he was called. He didn't like this one bit yet it wasn't like he could pretend he had not heard so he stood up while he searched his mind for what had happened the previous year. "My name is Nathan Thomas and last year, we were taught a few basic spells" he shrugged. "There were switching spells that everyone else said which we had to concentrate on but mostly, use imagination because you had to picture what you wanted it to change to in your mind" he said. He didn't know really what to say and hoped that it was enough.
Back to top Go down
William Black
William Black

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 am

William couldn't help but wonder where exactly all of what they had learned last year gone off to. It was true that he himself had never exactly studied during breaks, or rather, ever, but he did remember some things. It was clear, that many of the students here didn't even remember half. Next class...........test, he silently resolved, as he nodded to the boy.

No Fourth Year, so that leaves the Fifths. "Brandon Smith."
Back to top Go down
Brandon Smith
Healer
Brandon Smith

Galleons : 37

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Hearing his name being called, Brandon inwardly groaned. "Im Brandon Smith." He paused, making an effort not to roll his eyes after reintroducing himself. "Last year, we started learning things for OWLs, which include banishing spell and such." He stated simply, and continued. "It was rather difficult, seeing as you had to concentrate on the thing you were banishing, or it would be half banished or still be sitting there." Brandon, pleased with himself, stopped talking and waited for his Proffesors responce to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration: Lesson One   Transfiguration: Lesson One Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration: Lesson One
Page 1 of 1