Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

ROAD TRIP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

Galleons : 2147483647

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:17 am

"We're going to certain places. But first we're going to this one store to get soda or whatever it is," Rigel replied. They Apparated home and hopped into Rigel's car.

He pulled the car out of the driveway and yawned. "Kerrington, what were you saying earlier? Before you said 'like'?" Rigel asked, turning the wheel steadily. "You know what, we can get that soda stuff at the theme park." He pressed a button on the dashboard and extremely old music began to play. "Beatles. Can't get enough of them. They're really old, but I don't care. Can't replace the classics, right?"
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Assassin/History of Magic Professor
Kerrington Malfoy

Galleons : 100150

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:26 am

Kerrington grinned as they apparated, "I want red vines. I don't think I could go on a road trip without red vines." Kerrington said seriously, her brown eyes fixed on Rigel's. "And iced tea. I love ice tea." She said, probably talking to herself as she got into the car. "Wait!" She cried, climbing out of the car and running into her house quickly. Grabbing her favorite blanket, she ran back in the car and smiled. "I needed this."

When Rigel questioned her, Kerrington's cheeks flamed up. "Uh, nothing. I just stuttered. What did you think I said?" Kerrington wondered, feeling extremely tempted to just tell him. "Alright, I guess that will work too." She replied, before smiling when he turned on the music. "I love the Beatles." Kerrington stated before singing along with the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am

"Red vines, huh? We'll have to see what we can do. Who doesn't love iced tea?" Rigel stopped the car as Kerrington screamed at him to wait. She came back with something black. It looked like-

"Hey, that's my blanket!" Rigel whined. "I use it every night." Catching her glare, he shut up. He knew better than to upset her when she was pregnant.

"Stuttered. Right." It sounded suspiciously like you were going to say love. "I'm not sure. I don't even care right now. Road trip!"

It wasn't long before Rigel started singing loudly and off key. "NAAAAAAA NAAAAAAAA NAAAAAAA NANANANAAAAAAAAAAAAA, NANANAAAAAAAAAAAA, HEEEEEEEEEY JUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!" He regretted nothing.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:33 am

Kerrington grinned as she wrapped the blanket around herself. "I use it every night too. Or, did you forget that I sleep in your bed?" Kerrington wondered with a grin. She was tempted to say their bed, since they've been sleeping in the same bed since she had gotten pregnant.

Sensing his suspicion, Kerrington smiled brilliantly. "Awesome, ROAD TRIP!" She exclaimed, raising her hands up in the air.

Looking over at her husband, Kerrington broke out in a fit of laughter. "I was actually singing on key babe. And you, well, you kinda ruined it." Kerrington said with another laugh.

"So, where exactly is the fair?" Kerrington wondered, looking around at the bare landscape. She had a feeling that Rigel didn't really know where he was going, but she wasn't about to bring it up until she had to.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:50 am

Rigel grinned back at his wife. "Of course. How could I have been so foolish as to forget?" How could he? They'd only been sleeping in the same bed for the past four months. Easily something someone could forget. Yup. That was his excuse.

"ROAD TRIP!" he exclaimed along with Kerrington. It had been a long time since he'd taken a road trip. Especially one with someone as beautiful and smart as- no, he wasn't going to go there. Hadn't he become enough of a sap already?

"No no no, you were the one off key. I was perfectly pitched, thank you very much," he said with a devious grin.

"I don't really know. I just know it's somewhere near Sussex." I think, he added to himself.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:56 am

Kerrington shrugged with an innocent smile on her face, "Honestly, I would think that would be at the forefront of your mind constantly. Knowing that an incredibly sexy women is waiting for you in the bed you share." Kerrington said before laughing.

"You were perfectly pitched? You? Rigel, honey, you can't even hold a note for longer than a millisecond and even then it's enough to make someone die of pain. I mean, I-" Dammit, she almost slipped again, she really needed to learn how to control her thoughts. "-Think you're a wonderful singer, because you're my husband, but it's a little frightening. I'm not going to lie."

Kerrington stared at him for a moment, "You're lost, huh?" She wondered with a tight smile.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:24 am

"Oh yeah. Because having a pregnant woman hog the bed is always attractive," Rigel teased. "You're very modest."

He shook his head at Kerrington. "Thank you for single-handedly murdering my dream of becoming a professional singer." He stopped at a light and looked at her disbelievingly. "Right. I'm a wonderful singer and you love how my voice sounds. Especially at night," he added quietly. "But I'm so awe-inspiring that it's slightly scary. Got it."

Rigel chuckled. "No, not lost. Just... taking a detour, that's all. The scenic route." It was times like these when he wished he'd gotten a GPS or whatever it was called.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:29 am

"Modesty is my best quality." Kerrington said nonchalantly with a simple shrug of her shoulders. Leaning against the window, she rested a hand on her stomach, still having a hard time believe that she had not one, but two lives living insider her. It was odder than being a Muggle.

She smiled, "I do what I can. I'm a giver." Kerrington said, leaning over when he stopped at a light and kissed him quickly. "Oh, of course I do. I love when you sing, though, I have a feeling my ears don't like it as much."

"Uh huh," She said with a frown. "So, what are we going to do now that we're lost?" Kerrington wondered, looking at the sun that was starting to set. They'd have to find a place to sleep for the night or something. Maybe being impulsive wasn't the best idea. Especially not that they're lost.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:45 am

"Of course it is. Modesty and humility are your best showing qualities. Being a pretty face is a plus, huh?" Rigel saw her place a hand on her slightly showing baby bump. It felt weird knowing he was going to be a dad in a few short months. It was weirder knowing that his marriage to Kerrington was more than likely going to last more than the year. Or so he hoped.

"Give, give, give, that's all you do. Remind me to never sing to the kids to get them to sleep. I'll probably end up accidentally making their ears bleed. Though my mum always did say that lullabies sound nice, no matter the quality of the singer." His ears became ruddy as she kissed him quickly. He wouldn't get over it.

Rigel huffed. "We're not lost, goddammit. We'll get there eventually. Soon. Look, the sun isn't even setting." Which was a total lie. "But come on. We'll get there. We could have taken the Knight Bus to the fair-theme park-whatever, though I don't think it would have sat well with the kiddies."
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:53 am

Kerrington smiled brilliantly at him, "I'm glad you're finally catching on." She said, looking at him. She felt a sudden surge of happiness. Plain and undisturbed happiness. Kerrington felt like she finally belonged to a family; her own family. She would have a chance to love new people. And, she loved that feeling.

"Lullabies do sound good, whoever is singing them. And, our kids won't care if you're a horrible singer. I'm sure they'll love you nonetheless." Kerrington felt butterflies when she said our kids. It just made it sound so much realer. "But, I will probably sing them to sleep every night if I have it my way."

"Language," Kerrington said, setting her hands on her stomach as if she could cover her babies' ears. "Rigel, maybe you should pull over and ask for directions. I mean, I'm all for this road trip still, and I love that I'm being around you, but I don't want to get lost." Kerrington set a hand on his thigh. She knew how guys were when it came to asking for directions. And knowing Rigel, he would probably blow up on her. But, she would handle it.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Rigel rolled his eyes, but smiled. "Of course I'm catching on. It's hard not to when you have a pregnant woman on your case." He could just see the happiness radiating from Kerrington. It wasn't really a question as to why. She'd never really had a family. But, five months from now, she would definitely have one of her own.

"Oh really? But you care?" he asked teasingly. "Fine, I'll just do the reading. And the changing diapers every single- you can help me with that." Rigel grinned at Kerrington.

"They can't hear, you know. There's a barrier." He groaned and hit his forehead against the driving wheel when he stopped the car. "I'm not asking for directions. I don't need them." He felt Kerrington place her hand on his thigh, and though it was a kind gesture, he felt some sort of mocking force. His pride wouldn't allow him to ask for directions, not ever. "We're not lost!" He looked up at his wife. "You just have to trust me!"
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:01 am

Kerrington looked at Rigel with raises eyebrows. He was being awfully dramatic, and it was no surprise that a bemused smile made it's way across her lips. "Don't hurt your head dear," Kerrington warned. "I think you need them," She murmured as she looked at the empty landscape. Kerrington felt a slight tug of worry pull at her.

"Oh, just get over your pride Rigel!" Kerrington snapped, looking at her husband with hard eyes. "I do trust you, but I trust that you use your common sense and ask for directions instead of getting us even more lost."
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:44 pm

"I will not hurt my head," Rigel grumbled.

He glared at Kerrington. "I don't need them. I know where I'm going and I'm going to get us there, dammit! I just need to keep going!" His heartbeat became erratic as his temper flared.

"Well it's kind of hard to with you breathing down my neck and judging everything I do!" he snapped back. "Maybe I don't have common sense! Maybe this was just a spur of the moment thing that I wanted to do for you! And now you're just- just- I can't take this."

He opened the door and slammed it. Rigel leaned back against the trunk of the car, trying to get his temper back into check. He knew he was failing.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Kerrington couldn't say she was too surprised when Rigel decided to take his frustration out on her. But, that didn't mean she was any less hurt or mad. "You obviously don't!" She yelled back, her own eyes glaring at him. "If you keep going, you're going to get us even more lost!"

Her mouth formed an o form when Rigel continued to blame her for his too strong of pride. What a wonderful husband. "Really Rigel? You're acting like a fucking child! I am not breathing down your neck, nor I am judging you! I am simply stating that I want to have a good time with you and, although road trips are fun, I'd rather be at the fair!" She almost screamed at him, her anger starting to get out of control. "I'm just what Rigel? What? Oh, really, you're going to blame this on me? Some husband you are!" She spat.

When he got out of the car, Kerrington grumbled, "Good riddance." Before she felt her pride take over her. Stepping out of the car, she face him with her hands on her hips. "You're acting like a fucking child." She repeated, "Go look for directions or I will." She threatened, "I can't believe you are really acting like this. And to think I loved you!" Kerrington cried.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:13 pm

"Who's to say we shouldn't get lost? Who's to say we weren't meant to? Honestly, this is ridiculous! It has been! I never should have tried to make you happy, since I always fail to anyway!" Rigel nearly screamed.

"If I'm such a child, why have you dealt with me? Why haven't you appealed to the law? I could change it if I wanted! And you know that!" He glared even harder at Kerrington. "Well this one isn't turning out to be so fun, now is it?" he asked quietly, the question rhetorical. "I"d rather be there too!" Pangs of hurt hit him hard. "Some wife you are!"

Rigel looked at Kerrington with half-closed eyes. "I'm pretty sure we established this already. Go on, see where you'll end up."

He was surprised to say the least when she yelled that she loved him. Expressionless, he pushed her lightly against the car and put his lips on hers, kissing her hard as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

God, he loved her; wait, no he didn't; yes he did; no he didn't; yes, yes he did. He told the angry part of his brain to shut up. It was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:24 pm

"Yes, this is ridiculous! You're acting like this is all my fault and you're not getting over your goddamn pride! Don't everything is about pride Rigel! Honestly, do you really think getting stranded is a good thing? Well, at least when we get lost and stuck somewhere, you'll still be the big strong man." Kerrington screamed back, her brown eyes cold as ice.

Seeing slight pain in his eyes, Kerrington felt triumphant in a way. He hurt her and she was hurting him. Good. "I don't know, why haven't you appealed the law yet? Were you going to until you found out that I am pregnant? Because that sure as hell seems like the only reason you are sticking around!" It was a low blow, but Kerrington's own pride was hurt and she was saying things she didn't mean.

"Fine, I will!" Kerrington yelled, turning to walk in the opposite direction before she was pulled against Rigel.

Kerrington melted into Rigel's kiss and wrapped her arms around him so she wouldn't fall. Closing her eyes, she felt her knees go weak as she kissed him. Pulling away from him, Kerrington looked at him with red cheeks.

"Perhaps we shouldn't snog on the side of a highway." Kerrington offered.
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:40 pm

"Well excuse me for doing what I've been taught all my life! My parents have pride, a lot of it, the both of them! My mum was a Slytherin, my dad was a Gryffindor, they were proud fucking people! Getting stranded with you isn't a good thing!" Rigel felt terrible saying it, but it just felt so good somehow.

"Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't! At least I'm not some deadbeat that just leaves someone as soon as they find out they're pregnant! Oh wait, I couldn't do that anyway! Unless I changed the law, which you know is a very difficult process, I couldn't do shit! So no, never mind me supporting you! Who cares? As long as Kerrington fucking Hanson has her way, no one!"

He could feel Kerrington going weak. He smirked, though it didn't last long. She was first to pull away.

"I think it'd be a good idea to go home."
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 pm

"Pride isn't always a good thing Rigel!" Kerrington snapped, "Maybe a little humility would do you good!" Hearing his comment about how being stranded with her isn't a good thing, Kerrington tightened her jaw. He was such an ass. She hated him so much. God, how did she always get stuck with the men who were rude as hell?

Looking away from him, Kerrington remained quiet as he yelled at her. God, he was such an ass to her. Glancing up at the sky, she tried to force the tears out of her eyes. She didn't want to yell anymore; which was odd for her. Kerrington blamed being pregnant, but she didn't want to deal with this anymore. And, then, the bastard had to pull out the lowest of blows. "Well, don't worry, because after this year is up, I'll be Kerrington Hanson again like that." She snapped her fingers.

She nodded, feeling extremely confused. Sure, she loved him, but that didn't make the things he said any less painful. Saying I love you wouldn't fix much. And, besides, he hadn't said it. And, he probably doesn't. God, she felt like an idiot.

Climbing into the car, Kerrington curled up in the seat and stared out the window, waiting for Rigel to start the car.

Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 am

"I never said it was! Maybe! I don't know, okay?!" Rigel hated fighting with Kerrington, just hated it. He could never yell at her or talk down to her without feeling guilty afterward.

Why was she staying quiet? She always yelled back! But then he saw the tears in her eyes that were not yet shed. "Fine!" What was he saying? What was he saying?! He fucking loved her, and he was going to let her slip away from him.

He climbed into the driver's seat and sat for a moment. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I never should have said anything like that." He started the car and drove in silence. He waited for Kerrington to speak up, to chide him for being a cruel bastard. But she didn't.

"I'm sorry," he said again. "I don't want to do that to you again." He didn't look at her in fear of being rejected, though he knew for a fact she loved him. "I love you. Really, I do. I'm not saying that we'll never fight again, because, believe me, I'm sure we will.

"And all this started because I couldn't swallow my fucking pride and ask for damn directions. I wanted a day without magic or fighting or fuss. But guess what we got. And it's my fault." He knew it was his fault. There was no denying it.

The question was whether everything would be fine again.
Back to top Go down
Kerrington Malfoy
Kerrington Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:14 am

Kerrington stared at him for a long moment when he made no objection to her being Kerrington Hanson. Kerrington fucking Hanson. A bitter, cold, little girl who had anger issues and hated everyone in sight. Kerrington did not want to be her again. She loved who she was now. She loved being Kerrington Malfoy. A loving, happy, albeit bitingly sarcastic woman who was going to have a family of her own. God, she didn't want to go back to that.

Looking over at him when she heard his voice, Kerrington waited for him to finish talking. Kerrington felt better when he apologized, but still felt like her heart had been stomped on. Kerrington was about to roll her eyes and say something vulgar, but then she heard those words that made it almost seem worth it.

I love you.

Simple words really. But, after not hearing them since she was seven, it was welcomed. Extremely so. Those words had a greater impact then his harsh words did. Kerrington took a deep breathe, and intertwined her hands with his as he drove with the other. She let him talk before she did.

When he was done, Kerrington sighed. "We both said things on purpose to hurt each other," Kerrington cringed again at the mention of her going back to Kerrington Hanson. "But, then again, what's new? I am glad that you apologized and I apologize for yelling at you. We are going to fight, but I am not about to just throw this away. And, I'm not saying that because of Isaac and Aislinn. I'm saying this because I am uncontrollably in love with you."

Kerrington squeezed his hand, "We are going to go home, I will make some fried food, we will pick out a horrible Muggle scary movie, cuddle on the couch and have a food fight. And, we will acknowledge that we fight horribly, but also acknowledge that we love each other too much and this is hardly even a bump in our relationship."

"Sound good?"
Back to top Go down
Rigel Malfoy
Minister of Magic
Rigel Malfoy

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Rigel's nostrils flared and un-flared over and over. He was trying to calm down, he really was. That sour look on Kerrington's face hurt him. She looked like she was going to explode, just like he had.

He was surprised when Kerrington took his hand after he vented. He kept his eyes on the road but listened closely. "I don't want the reason for us to be together to be the kids. They deserve better than that. They're Malfoys after all," he said with a slight smirk. "That's good to hear, because I love you- a lot, like a lot a lot."

Rigel smiled as his wife gave his hand a squeeze. "All right, but I get to pick which movie and what fried food we get.

"Sounds good to me."

And with that, he turned the car and drove away from the barren landscape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ROAD TRIP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROAD TRIP    ROAD TRIP  Empty

Back to top Go down

ROAD TRIP
Page 1 of 1