Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

An Awkward Lunch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas Grey
Head of Gryffindor/Astronomy Professor
Lucas Grey

Galleons : 49

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:01 am

Lucas spent several minutes showing Alastair around Hogsmeade, telling her about the places she should and shouldn't go. "Alright and this," he said opening the door for her "Is the Three Broomsticks" He grinned and then tripped over his feet. Man he was a mess. But she was really... He stopped himself.

"Alright. Just my usual annd...?" he glanced at Alastair "What do you want? Menu's up there" he pointed to the board above their heads. He smiled nervously, they were standing closer than they were before. She smelled good. And her hair was certainly not ginger. It was a lovely shade of brown.

He showed her to a table, one towards the back. He wanted to avoid students. "So.. uh" he said, running a hand through his hair. "tell me about yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

Galleons : 34

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:16 am

Alastair had never been more interested in a tour in her life. Whether it was because Hogsmeade was like nothing she had never seen before or because Lucas was so adorably awkward, she didn't know. All she knew is that she was enjoying herself probably a little too much. "And the Three Broomsticks is a pub?" Alastair wondered as she walked into it, watching Lucas trip over his feet. Yes. Adorably awkward indeed.

Blinking up at the menu, Alastair bit her lip. She wasn't about to order a sandwich like most girls. "Anything with lots of salt." Alastair said lamely, but the person behind the counter understood and probably got her the most fating thing on the menu. And, she wasn't complaining.

Alastair followed him to one of the back tables, which was perfect for her. "Tell you about me?" She wondered, resting her elbows on the table. "Well, I was born and raised in Gargilesse, France. I didn't have a very exciting childhood. My parents didn't know how to handle a young child, so I was forced to take care of myself. I didn't mind and they just expected me to be a perfect Pureblood. I didn't have many friends since and even when I went to Beauxbatons, I was a loner." Alastair smiled softly, "My life is fairly boring. I never got my heartbroken, I was never in drama, my family was simple. I'm sorry I'm not more entertaining." She apologized.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:27 am

"Lots of salt? We'll end up eating the same thing I bet." He grinned.

"Garga.." He tried. And failed. He couldn't even say the name of her hometown. Damn. Fuck. No. It was fine. He was her boss. nothing more.

"You're a- You're a Pureblood?" He stammered slightly. "You're not missing much when it comes to heartbreak and drama." He smiled, looking at the table "It just.. depresses you" Really? Of all the things. COULD HE BE MORE IDIOTIC? "Ah it's alright. You're plenty entertaining" He said then bit his lip "Sorry. Shouldn't have said that"

"My life hasn't been too much better. My Mum's a muggle. My dad died when I was 14. On Christmas. I have a little sister named Mallory. She got married a month ago." He smiled at the thought of his sister. "My mum remarried a muggle. He doesn't know about.. us.." He shrugged. "I've only ever had my heart broken once. In my 7th year I was dating this girl and I loved her. Or I thought I did" Why was he telling her this. Fuck. "She didn't feel the same. But she just ran me around a bit before she told me so"
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:41 am

Alastair grinned back, "Good. The saltier the better." Oh god, what kind of statement was that. She almost groaned. She just needed to go off into a corner somewhere.

She nodded, her eyebrows pulled together. "Is that a bad thing?" She wondered. Alastair knew that blood purity was an issue around here, but she didn't think Lucas was like that. "Oh, well, when you've been bored to death for most of your life, a little drama would be nice. But, what is the saying, the grass is always greener on the other side?" Alastair wondered, before smiling softly. "Thank you, it's nice to get compliments once in awhile."

"I'm sorry about your father. I suppose Christmas isn't as great of a holiday as it should be since he passed." Alastair reached out and rested her hand on his in what was supposed to be a comforting manor. "She hasn't told him?" Alastair wondered. "That's awful. She was just playing you? I don't understand women like that. And, especially with someone like you." What the hell was she saying?
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:49 am

They're food arrived, and sure enough they had the same thing.

"It was a long time ago. A little when I was younger. My dad was Pureblooded. I never cared. It's gotten worse though. I've realized now that I'm head of Gyrffindor," He paused. "I did mention I was head of house right?" he asked.

He stared at her for a second "Yeah. I miss him" He said, looking away from her and at his food. "He was a good man"

"My type. Yeah" He laughed nervously "Awkward idiot with his heart on his sleeve." He said, staring at her hand, "She was uh.." he looked up at her and lost his train of though. "Uh... She was... Sorry. Forgot what I was saying..." he smiled nervously
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:57 am

Alastair let out a chuckle, "I suppose the man behind the counter did they on purpose."

She shook her head, "No, you didn't. And, excuse me for asking, but how does being a Head of Household work? And Gryffindor is the brave house, right?" Alastair felt stupid for not knowing these things, but she hoped Lucas wouldn't mind explaining it to her.

"I'm sure he was." Alastair replied, nodding in understanding. Alastair felt an undeniable urge to know more about him. She just hoped that it was because she wanted to be friends with him. Though, his attractive face wasn't helping anything.

"No, I mean the attractive and funny type." Alastair blurted out, causing her face to go bright red. "Oh god, forget I said anything." Alastair laughed nervously. "She was what?" But then Alastair shut up when he forgot what he was saying. "I've only had one boyfriend, but we just didn't work out."
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:09 am

"Betcha he did" He said with a slight grin.

"Yeah. Yeah uh, Gryffindor is for the brave, Ravenclaw is for the clever or something, Hufflepuff is for the Loyal, and Slytherin is for the Cunning." He said quickly, "And uh I'm in charge of the students in Gryffindor. They come to me if they have trouble. Which is a lot actually. They're all idiots. Like I was. They don't think before they act. Like I do." He smiled slightly. "They're all great though."

"Yeah..." He nodded, zoning out slightly. He laughed.

He looked down as his face flushed red, and he smiled. She thought he was attractive. He felt like doing something stupid. "Poor bloke." He grinned "He's missing out on the Attractive funny type" He said, about her once boyfriend.

"According to my sister, Most boys suck between the ages of 14 and 22. Luckily, I am 23." He grinned and bit his lip nervously.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:19 am

Alastair nodded in understanding. "Beauxbatons is sort of like that. I was in the house for loyal I suppose, so I would've been a Hufflepuff, right?" Alastair wondered. "Sounds lovely. I'm sure you're sometimes at your wits end with them, no?" Alastair smiled brightly, "You sure don't think before walking. How many times have you almost fallen today?" She teased gently. "I can't wait to meet all them."

She laughed along with him. "He was attractive enough I suppose, so he had about as much personality as a bag of potatoes. Though, all the girls were jealous of me." Alastair rolled her eyes. She had never cared for the man, but he was nice enough.

"You're 23? I thought you were young. I never actually read the information about you, I just skimmed." Alastair smiled, "But that's good I suppose. You're close to my age after all. And that makes things easier." Easier for what Alastair? She asked herself. God, you're such a moron.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 am

"I wish I was a Hufflepuff. But then I wouldn't have all these Charming students coming to me with their problems at half past three in the morning." He rolled his eyes. "Normally, I fall 4 or 5 times a day, I'm a klutz, it's genetic. But today, it's like three or four times that." He pointed out "Oh god the younger one's are an absolute terror sometimes." He grinned.

"He's missing out, you're charming" He said quietly. "Well, potatoes around here are pretty interesting." He said with a grin. "But not as interesting as me" Fuck "Forget I said that." he said with a nod.

"my mentor, when I did this, he was 87. And mostly deaf. You have it easy. I can hear and move faster than a sloth. Plus I don't doze off during lessons normally and my hair isn't thinning."
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Alastair let out a chuckle, "Three in the morning? That really bother you that late? Or rather that early? What kind of problems could they have at three in the morning?" Alastair wondered with a smile on her face. "That's good though, because I'm not much. I was seriously worried about falling off the Astronomy tower today. I suppose it's because I can't stand without falling." Alastair was thankful she hadn't fallen today yet. "I love children, so I'm excited to meet the younger ones especially." She replied.

She blushed at his compliment, "Oh thanks. Most wouldn't say I'm charming per se." She replied, laughing. "You're mighty full of yourself. That's interesting enough for me. Oh, I think you're mighty interesting."

Alastair shuddered, "I'm glad I got stuck with you then. At least you're nice to look at." Alastair blushed firetruck red. "Oh god, forget I said that."
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:15 pm

"I've had a broken arm at three in the morning, a first year crying because he couldn't find his jacket" He grinned, remembering the students "I nearly fell off last term. You missed it. Shame, it was quite exciting"

He grinned, taking a drink "I could say the same for you" He was just about to say something else when something caught his eye. "And...." he trailed off, his eyes locked on the man who had just entered the pub. "But.." He stood quickly "That's impossible. I'll be right back. Don't move"

He hurried to the front of the pub. "you're dead. I saw you die" He said shakily to the man.
"Ah. It's little Lucas Grey. I hear you're teaching now. And you've got a pretty lady friend over there." the man chuckled.
"You're dead. How are you here?" Lucas asked clutching his wand.
"You didn't kill me little one. you tried, but you failed. You did have me out for quite a long time and I might have to make you pay for that" he said.
"Lewis, I didn't-" Lucas started, but the man stopped him by smashing his fist into Lucas' face.
He stumbled backwards and pulled out his wand, glancing back at Alastair
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Alastair was about to protest when Lucas told her not to move, but decided that it was better if she obeyed. After all, she had to make a good first impression and disobeying him wouldn't be a good place to start. But, she did lean over slightly to watch. And, well, she was glad she did because she looked just in time to see Lucas get decked in the face.

Shooting up out of her chair, Alastair paused before rushing over to him. He seemed like eh could handle it himself, but Alastair was weary. Deciding that a calm approach would be best, Alastair slowly walked over. "What's going on here boys?" She wondered simply, looking back and forth between Lucas and the other man.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:36 pm

"Alastair go sit down." Lucas said, not looking at her, "Lewis was just about to leave. Weren't you Lewis?" He asked coldly. His nose hurt. A lot. And it was bleeding. Fuck this was his nice shirt.
Lewis fake cringed "No actually, I wasn't. But you can run away if you want Luke-y. Run with your little girlfriend"
"Stop Lewis. You're 24. Not 12. Act like it." Lucas said to the man. "And don't you dare bring her into this. It isn't her battle."
"Then fight back!" He almost yelled it. He pointed his wand at Lucas "Flipendo" He said, almost smuggly.
The spell hit him and he flew backwards. Everything went blank for a moment as his head slammed against the ground. He rolled over and pointed his wand at Lewis, just as Lewis pointed his at Alastair. He said something, but Lucas couldn't make it out...
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Alastair ignored Lucas' demanded and stood slightly behind him and watched as he spoke with the other man. Just the way the man was looking at her was creepy enough, not to mention the words he was exchanging with Lucas. Alastair wanted to grab Lucas' hand and take him back to the castle, but she couldn't do that. No, she had to wait until Lucas was finished speaking with him.

Letting out a gasp when the man- Lewis- hit Lucas with a spell, Alastair pulled out her own wand. Just as Lewis shouted a curse, Alastair shouted one right back. She watched as Lewis flew back into the bar, knocking down the bartender in the process. "Accio wand!" She cried, catching Lewis' wand in her hand.

Walking over to Lucas, Alastair reached out her hand. "C'mon, let's get out of here."

God, it was just like the old days.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Lucas' head throbbed. His nose was most definitely broken and he couldn't think straight, he was pretty pissed that Lewis had shown up and made him look like a fucking first year in front of Alastair...... He reached for Alastair's hand and pulled himself up.

He smiled, or the thought he smiled, at Alastair, not letting go of her hand and pulling her out of the pub. "God I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" he asked as soon as they exited. "That was completely my fault, God that bastard." he cursed under his breath and staggered slightly.

He decided it would be best to sit down until the pounding in his head stopped. He pulled Alastair over to a bench and practically fell onto it, finally letting go of her hand. "I just need a minute" he said quietly, closing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:19 am

Alastair was thankful when Lucas pulled her out of the pub. She didn't want to be there anymore and she was worried about Lucas. His skin looked ashen and his nose looked broken. She didn't want to heal it without his permission, but she knew that it would have to get healed soon. "I'm fine. I've been in worse situations. You were the one who got hurt, not me." She replied in a hushed tone, helping him slightly. "It's not your fault. You didn't know he would be there."

When Lucas decided that it would be best to sit down, Alastair was prepared for it, so she luckily fell into his lap. God that's embarrassing. "Um, I'm sorry." She replied, attempting to get up since he needed to relax and not have some freak sitting in his lap.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:38 am

Lucas leaned his head on Alastair's back and took a deep breath. "But you had to watch Lewis beat the shit out of me" he sighed "I... He was dead. I was sure of it..." he sat still for a few moments.

After a minute or so he lifted his head"Fuck. I got blood on you're shirt. Fuck. Sorry... Fuck" He was quiet for a moment. "Can you fix my nose? It's broken" He asked. His head still felt like it had been beaten with a hammer and his voice sounded odd thanks to his fucking nose.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 am

Alastair stopped trying to move when Lucas rested his head on her back. Instead, she stayed there and let him rest against her. "He hardly beat the shit out of you as you so kindly put it. He played dirty pool. You could've taken him if you were prepared." Alastair replied firmly. "What do you mean he was dead?" Alastair wondered, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

She shrugged softly, "It's okay. Like I said, I've been in worse situations. A little blood on my shirt is hardly something to worry about." Alastair turned her body to face Lucas, which made them extremely close. She pulled out her wand and quickly healed it when a smile. "There, good as new."
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 am

Lucas sighed "Well, when we were kids, Lewis, he and his family lived next door. They were purebloods. We weren't. They were rich, we weren't exactly poor, but not rich. We were friends until we came here, Hogwarts. He was sorted into Slytherin." He closed his eyes, remembering, "We fought constantly, up until we graduated. I joined a group, fighting for... I don't even remember. But we were the good guys. Lewis. He wasn't." He opened his eyes and looked at his hands "We found them. They found us. We fought. Lewis fell in the frey of it all, But so did I. I watched them take his body away.... I heard he was dead. I guess not"

He cringed at the momentary pain and then smiled "Thanks. Uh.. Wanna look around Hogsmeade some more? or head back to the castle?"
Back to top Go down
Alastair Vladimir
Apprentice
Alastair Vladimir

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:08 am

Alastair listened to the story with interest. "Sounds awful." Alastair had a similar story like that, but didn't enjoy telling people it. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." Alastair said honestly. She felt bad for Lucas. It must've been hell seeing someone you thought was dead but really wasn't. "Why do you think he came back for you? Or do you think it was just chance?" Alastair wondered, not moving from his lap yet.

"Why don't we go back to the castle? Less of a chance of something horrible happening." Alastair offered with a grin. Getting off his lap, Alastair offered her hand again. "C'mon, let's go."
Back to top Go down
Lucas Grey
Lucas Grey

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:15 am

"He was looking for someone. I just happened to be the unlucky bastard he found" He said. His head was feeling better now, and he realized that Alastair was sitting on his lap. He blushed and looked down.

"Castle it is" he said, staring at her hand for a second before taking it. "Let's go then"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Awkward Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Awkward Lunch   An Awkward Lunch Empty

Back to top Go down

An Awkward Lunch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Elite :: Hogsmeade :: The Three Broomsticks-
Jump to: