Hogwarts Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Elite

60 years after the Battle of Hogwarts, there is still a battle of Dark and Light. Which side will you choose?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Hogwarts Elite! Please read through all of the Starting Out! After doing so, I encourage you to join and then make your profile which will be accepted by Headmistress Potter or Deputy Headmistress Malfoy.
Date: January 4 through March 15th
Hogwarts is now open!!!! You may finish your threads in other places, but do not start new ones! Thank you!

Long Time No See

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donovan Benson
Obliviator
Donovan Benson

Galleons : 14

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:46 pm

As Donovan sipped his coffee, he looked over the edge of the Prophet, scanning the perimeter for anyone who might catch his interest. He wasn't even reading the newspaper. He just used it as a ploy to seem smart.

It had worked almost every time.

He saw someone who looked vaguely familiar. Just barely.

She was blonde and, well, fit, sexy, any word you wanted to use. He lifted himself from his seat and practically strode over to her. "You're too pretty to not know me."
Back to top Go down
Axelle Lynne
Librarian
Axelle Lynne

Galleons : 15

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Axelle walked into the Leaky, her arms crossed over her chest in a submissive manor as she looked around for a seat to take. It was still cold outside and the heavy sweatshirt she was wearing didn't seem to help shield the cold. She hadn't planned on stopping in the Leaky, since she was just making her way through Diagon Alley before apparating back to her flat, but she decided that a nice cup of tea would do her a world of good.

After getting her tea, Axelle went to go take a seat at an empty table. Sipping it slowly, Axelle was surprised when a familiar face came over to sit by her.

Looking up, Axelle's cheeks warmed in half embarrassment and half anger. "Hello Benson," Axelle said in a tight voice, knowing he wouldn't completely recognize her. If at all.
Back to top Go down
Donovan Benson
Obliviator
Donovan Benson

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:09 am

Donovan's eyes widened slightly as this gorgeous person said "Hello Benson" in the iciest tone he'd ever heard.

Had he met her before? Apparently so. "So, you do know me. What might your name be, love?" he asked nonchalantly.

He wondered where he could have possibly met her before. He ruled out school, since there was no one he could really remember from there. Her voice sounded a bit familiar.

Maybe it was at the club in Muggle London. He saw many blondes like her there, nearly every day. She was too pretty to forget.
Back to top Go down
Axelle Lynne
Librarian
Axelle Lynne

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 am

Axelle stared at him for a long time, her blue eyes practically burning into his. Of course he didn't remember her, but really? Had she changed that much? Axelle didn't think so. Sure, losing weight and dying your hair is different, but not that different. And, if Axelle was being honest, she was slightly hurt that he had not remembered her. It just showed how much of a nobody she was.

Lovely.

"Not surprising," She murmured, remembering all his cruel teasings. "It's funny how you forget the one person whom you loved to torment." Axelle spat, surprised by her own rudeness. This was so not like her. "Shocker you don't remember Axellelynne Vassiliadis." She murmured, in a calmer voice this time.
Back to top Go down
Donovan Benson
Obliviator
Donovan Benson

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:24 am

Was she seriously glaring at him? Really? What'd Donovan do to deserve that? Just ask for her name, yeah. Not remember her, that too. But he didn't understand why that was so bad. He didn't remember half of the people he met. Only a few people stuck out in his mind whenever he thought of something or someone.

She said that she was surprised he'd forgotten her. Knitting his eyebrows together, he silently asked her why.

Apparently Donovan had tormented her.

Then he remembered.

Oh shit.

He was definitely screwed.

Practically sputtering, he asked, "Axellelynne?" Even after ten years, he'd remember that name.

He really had tormented her for his entire school career.

And he was sure as hell regretting it now.
Back to top Go down
Axelle Lynne
Librarian
Axelle Lynne

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:34 am

Axelle nodded, looking down at her tea with a blank expression. She didn't want him to feel bad, which was a total 180 from her original thoughts. But, Axelle was angry at seeing for the first time in ten years. She still held some resentment for what he did to her. And, she supposed that she had some right to be angry at him for attempting to flirt with after not recognizing her. But, he didn't recognize her, so she still couldn't blame him.

So, Axelle decided, he wasn't to blame at all. It was just her grudges.

"I go by Axelle Lynne now. My name was too much of a mouthful so I just split my first name into a new first and last name." She replied, glancing up at him from under heavy brown lashes.
Back to top Go down
Donovan Benson
Obliviator
Donovan Benson

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:51 am

Okay, Donovan supposed that Axellelynne did have a right to be angry with him.

He'd called her ugly. He'd called her fat. He'd called her worthless. He'd called her a midget, even.

If he felt bad then, he definitely felt terrible now.

Little, okay, not-so-little Axellelynn Vassiliadis had grown up well. It was that damn Murphy's Law coming back to bite him in the arse- The bookworm you made fun of in school is likely to become hot. It went something like that, right?

"Huh. I always thought Axellelynne was a pretty name." He'd never thought anything about it besides how unusual it was. Might as stretch the truth a bit now. "Pretty name for a beautiful girl, am I right?" he asked, turning up the charm.
Back to top Go down
Axelle Lynne
Librarian
Axelle Lynne

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:59 am

Axelle just about chocked on her tea from laughter. Her little reaction gained more than just a few looks from the surrounding people. Glancing up at him, Axelle gave him a look that screamed are you kidding me?. "I seem to remember a time when you used to say that when all the reading I do, it's not wonder I'm excellin'." Axelle mocked, "And, you always used to wonder how much my parents hated me for naming me that."

Sighing, Axelle gave him a soft smile. "You're sweet, but please don't lie to me." She asked, a hint of pleading hiding under her words. A small part of her fluttered when he compliment her, because, if she were being honest.

She's always had a bit of a crush on him.
Back to top Go down
Donovan Benson
Obliviator
Donovan Benson

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:15 am

Donovan quirked an eyebrow as Axellelynne nearly choked on her drink. Was what he said really that funny? Wait, no, it wasn't supposed to be funny at all! This girl was frustrating him quite a bit. He made his eyes wide and innocent when she gave him that one look. "Well, that's what your name sounds like, isn't it?" he asked, trailing off a bit. "I did not. I wondered why your parents loved you so much- Okay fine, you've got me there."

Donovan shook his head at Axellelynne, Axelle, whatever, and replied, "I'm not lying, 'Elle." Hopefully she wouldn't mind his little nickname for her.

He asked himself what was up with her mood swings. She hadn't really had them at school... Did she? He hadn't really tried to get to know her well enough to know.
Back to top Go down
Axelle Lynne
Librarian
Axelle Lynne

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:21 am

Axelle smiled a ghost of a smile. "I suppose that is what it sounds like. I was just never able to appreciate it when you were using it against me." Axelle joked softly, shaking her head. "Oh my gods, Hogwarts." Axelle said with a sigh, "Awful those years were. Purely awful." She muttered, looking at Donovan. "You're such a horrible liar. No wonder you're a Gryffindor." Axelle teased, happy that she was able to be herself now. If she wanted to get anywhere in life, she had to let go. So, the past was the past.

Blushing at his nickname, Axelle smiled. "I like the nickname 'Elle." She replied, completely ignoring his statement.

Sighing, Axelle reached out her hand. "Let's start over completely. Let's forget we ever knew each other at Hogwarts." She decided, "Hello! I'm Axelle Lynne, nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Donovan Benson
Obliviator
Donovan Benson

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Donovan chuckled a bit. "Yeah, well, sorry about that. I admit that I was and still am a terrible person," he said lightly. He sucked in a breath as Axelle looked at him right after saying her Hogwarts years were terrible. He really was that horrible to her. Ugh, fucking guilt catching up to him.

"I don't know whether to take that as a compliment for the Gryffindor part or an insult for the horrible liar part. Going with the compliment. And since I'm going with the compliment... I know, right? I'm a Gryffindor, through and through."

He smiled at her. "Suits you."

Donovan nodded. "Okay." He took her hand slowly. It was really, really soft. And, if he wasn't mistaken, there was a slight electricity in their touch. "Good to meet you Miss Lynne. I'm Donovan Benson. How do you do on this lovely day?" He flashed her a large grin.
Back to top Go down
Axelle Lynne
Librarian
Axelle Lynne

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Axelle shrugged, "I was a bookworm with no friends, but that's not how I am anymore. People can change. Though, I'm still a bookworm. And, I'm sure you're not that horrible anymore." Axelle said, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Watching as guilt flooded his eyes, Axelle felt her heart soften. Everyone deserved a second chance. Everyone.

"Yes, it can be taken as a compliment." Axelle replied with a smile, "I hate liars with a burning passion. And cheaters or two-timers. Yeah, anything like that I hate." She said, feeling herself practically stumble over the words. "You sure have the abrasive personality showing how much of a Gryffindor you truly are. So, congrats."

Shivering slightly when he held her hand to shake it, Axelle put a large smile on her face. "Pleasure to meet you Donovan." She replied in an unintentional silky voice. "I'm doing fantastic. And yourself?
Back to top Go down
Donovan Benson
Obliviator
Donovan Benson

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Donovan subconsciously knitted his eyebrows together. "I'm sure you had at least one friend. I see that you've changed. At least some things stay the same, am I right?" he asked with a slight chuckle. "Oh no, I'm still horrible. If even, I'm probably worse." He gave her a small smile. "But I might change for someone special if I ever find her."

He sat back and nodded, sucking in his cheeks, trying not to protest. Protesting would just make Axelle think he was all those things- which he was. He wasn't going to deny that. He was a liar, a two-timer, a cheater. Now wasn't the time to make her angry.

"Thank you, thank you. I bow in your general direction."

Grinning widely, Donovan replied, "Oh, I'm just smashing. Absolutely wonderful. Amazing. What brings you to the Leaky Cauldron?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Long Time No See Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See   Long Time No See Empty

Back to top Go down

Long Time No See
Page 1 of 1